e-Navigation Ship Terminal Dissemination Project
- Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries (MOF) is currently pursuing e-Nav ship terminal dissemination project for early establishment and expansion of Korea-type e-Nav services, and has designated KOMSA as an assisting entity for non-fishing vessels (passenger ships, oil tankers, tug boats, etc.)
- This is to early establish a foundation for using e-Nav services in maritime environments by subsidizing of e-Nav ship terminals for multi-use ships and ships vulnerable to accidents, and expand use of these services for maritime safety
- e-Nav ship terminals are required for vessels to take advantage of the benefit of e-Nav system providing smart maritime transportation safety information services.
- Project objective is to provide partial government subsidies for purchasing and installing e-Nav ship terminals for early establishment and expansion of e-Nav services.
6 key services(danger alert, maritime navigation, provision of real-time electronic nautical chartsㆍsafety information, etc.) and customized user services(communications among ship↔ship and supportive agencies, storingㆍmonitoring of tracks, etc.)
What is the e-Navigation system?
A state-of-the-art, smart maritime transportation information service that fuses and converges ICT to support safe and convenient operation for ships navigating coastal waters
- Seeks safe operation of ships by freely utilizing real-time maritime safety information in coastal waters based on ultra high-speed maritime wireless communications network(LTE-M)
- Next-generation maritime safety total management system that remotely supports safe operation of ships from land using state-of-the-art ship monitoring technology
Ultra high-speed maritime wireless communications network (LTE-M)
- New communications network that provides LTE-based ultra high-speed maritime wireless communications for ships navigating the seas up to 100km away from the coast
- Ultra high-speed maritime wireless communications network provides Korea-type e-Navigation services to ships, and uses them as a maritime ICT infrastructure to support maritime disaster safety responses
e-Navigation ship terminal
e-Navigation ship terminal consists of LTE-M transceiver and e-Navigation display equipment, and commercial mobile telecom services that expand the scope of mobile telecom usage to Internet, etcare also offered.
- Use of smart maritime transportation information
- Integration of similar equipment
- Convenient mobile telecom on land and at sea
Installing e-Navigation ship terminal offers not only various types of navigation services, but also enables integration with other equipment at affordable costs* and access on the Internet far from the coast.
e-Navigation services : safe seas
Automatic update of electronic nautical charts
Eliminates risk of having to navigate relying on inaccurate simple charts used for reference only
- Provides and displays electronic nautical charts for navigation
- Automatic update of electronic nautical charts(navigation notification, etc.)
Alerts for dangerous situations
Analyzes and provides navigation risk factors, such as risk of colliding with nearby ships.
- Collision risk alerts for potential risks involving other ships*
* Ships equipped with e-Navigation ship terminal or AIS
- Guidance for dangerous zones near operation route
Real-time weather·transportation & emergency information
Provides various maritime transportation information that supports safe navigation through e-Navigation display equipment.
- Provides real-time weather newsflash, maritime observation·forecasts
- Provides smart transportation information such as accident newsflash, navigation alerts, etc.
Emergency distress signals
Quickly transmit distress signals when help is required due to emergency situations.
e-Navigation services : Convenient seas
Analyzes weather, tidal currents, traffic situation and provides optimal sea route from port of embarkation to destination.
- Recommends optimal sea route & provides latest information for different situations
- Edit & store navigation plans and operation points
Support for UC function
Supports voice·video functionality with ships connected to the LTE-M network and support agencies on land.
- Transmission of voice·text messages between ships
- Voice·text messages between ship and support agencies
Special services for different vessel types
- Coastal passenger ships
- Monitoring of operation status & support for safe operation
- Ship company
- Ship operation management support (VMS)
- Fishing vessels
- Automatic disembarkation·port entry reporting function
Maritime Long Distance Mobile Telecom Service : Promote happiness of maritime citizens
Mobile telecom service(optional)
- Expand scope of Internet usage
- Real-time use of e-mail·e-Fax, etc.
- Interlink with various types of digital equipment, such as CCTV (separate)
Subject for support
Time frame for dissemination of e-Navigation ship terminal : 2H of 2020